Saturday, July 29, 2006

Don't make it easy on them....

If you have a habit of being in bed when your teenager arrives home in the evening, change this habit. I know that getting enough sleep is important to all you busy parents out there, but trust me on this one.

You see, when I was growing up I rarely had to worry about facing my parents when I got home on the weekends. This is because they went to bed very early. Oh sure, I had to wake them up when I got home to tell them I was home for the night but that didn't make it hard to conceal my "condition" from them when I got home, which was often times High or drunk. Their early sleep habits made things way to easy for me to indulge in teenage drug and alcohol consumption.

If you have a spouse to share the responsibility of seeing what condition your kids come home in great, take turns!! And no, you don't have to be awake every time they get home. But if your child thinks there is a good chance they will be facing a parent when they get home for the night, they are probablly much more likely to arrive home sober. Remember, people who begin using drugs before the age of eighteen are more likely to become addicted to those drugs versus recreational users.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home